Etebo Refutes Reports About Fresh Injury

Date:

Las Palmas of Spain midfielder, Oghenekaro Etebo has refuted reports that he has been hit with another injury, as he insists he has fully recovered from a recent knock.

Though the lad on loan from CD Feirense of Portugal has been left out of action for the club this weekend, he insists it is not on account of another injury.

On the other hand, Etebo stressed that his absence from Las Palmas’ 18-man squad to face Eibar on Saturday was not due to injury, but just a precautionary move not to overstretch him.

He went on to thank Las Palmas for the opportunity they gave him in the La Liga and pledged to always remain a passionate supporter of the club as his loan deal comes to an end this season.

Etebo further said he remains committed to finishing the season strongly with Las Palmas, even though they have been relegated.

The former Warri Wolves star said: “I saw reports that I was injured and won’t be part of the game this week; it’s true that I won’t be part of the game this weekend because I’m not injured as reported in the papers.

“I had a little injury setback last month but I have fully recovered from it and I have been playing regularly for the team; we just have two games left and it will be a good time to give some fringe players some playing time before the season ends.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

More like this
Related

Women’s Champions League 2024/25: All You Need to Know About the New Format

The UEFA Women’s Champions League enters a new era...

‘I won’t make it’ – Lionel Messi Doubtful of World Cup Future

Lionel Messi was reduced to tears of emotion after...

Lamine Yamal Inherits Messi’s Iconic No. 10 Shirt; Club Confirms

Barcelona Star Boy, Lamine Yamal has been handed the...

Manchester City Strike Record £1 Billion Kit Deal with Puma

Manchester City have announced a record breaking 10-year contract...